Linux Guides, How-To, Tips & News

Ubuntu 16.04 LTS

Ubuntu/ Linux Video Tutorials !

Sunday, March 20, 2016

Posted by Unknown in | 11:15:00 PM No comments
Once I became used to Ubuntu, I couldn't imagine life without it! If you've never gotten the chance to try out Ubuntu, I'm not a huge fan of Windows. I highly recommend using it at least once. The following 10 reasons I like Ubuntu might inspire you to give this computer operating system a Try.



10. My Computer knows exactly what to do with New Devices

Ubuntu knows exactly what to do with new devices. I don't get messages telling me that the latest software has to be downloaded in order for my new printer to be usable. I can plug in a digital camera into my computer and Ubuntu knows what type of camera it is without any new programs being downloaded. I have yet to find something that Ubuntu doesn't recognize.


9. Easy to Use

Ubuntu is very user friendly. It is set up in a way that is simple to understand. The icons are all straightforward and it's easy to find #things. I don't find myself going in circles looking for something as simple as the 'print' button. Ubuntu is so easy to navigate, even for first time users. I can't recall ever becoming frustrated when I first used Ubuntu.

8. Virus Programs Aren't Usually Written for Ubuntu

Ubuntu seems to be one of the least likely systems to become infected with some type of computer virus. I've never even added on spyware or malware to my computer that uses Ubuntu. I have yet to see any problems with my computer, no matter what web pages I visit.


7. It Runs a Lot Faster than Any Windows System!

When I had other operating systems installed on my computer,I used to have to turn on my computer on the way to the bathroom. By the #time I got back to the computer I was able to log in. I then had to wait for the login command to be accepted. Once the computer finally allowed me entry, I then had to wait for the internet to connect. When I had Ubuntu installed on my computer, all these problems went away. I would turn on my computer and within a minute and a half I was connected to the internet.


6. Ubuntu is Easy to Customize

Enjoy the simplicity of Ubuntu’s intuitive interface. Fast, secure and with thousands of apps to choose from — for everything you want to do, Ubuntu has what you need. Ubuntu offers thousands of apps available for download from the software centre. Most are available for free and can be installed with just a few clicks.. Adding and removing programs involves checking the little boxes next to the programs you wish to install and then hitting the download button. Programs are added and removed in the same fashion; check the box and download whichever games you want. To remove any program you simply uncheck the box and the programs will be taken off of the computer.


5. There is Tons of Support Available at Any Time

It's still nice to know that they are available if I do ever need them. #People who are avid users of Ubuntu are always available to help in any way possible. There's no one asking for #money to assist you either. They are always sharing new programs with one another and helping out new Ubuntu users with anything they need. Since this operating system is so easy to use, I have yet to need any assistance.

4. It's Free

Ubuntu is completely free and so are all the updates for it. I was even able to make a back-up CD of Ubuntu to put on my desktop computer. It's nice to find something for the computer that is free. Many times the free computer programs that are able to be downloaded off of the internet aren't worth crud.

3. An open source operating system

Ubuntu code is shared openly throughout the development cycle. Ubuntu is  transparent about his plans for future releases, so as a developer, carrier or manufacturer, you can work with ubuntu.


MaybeYou are wondering now. Why i mentioned only 8 reasons. ubuntu as an operating system is full of surprises. Let me know what other two reassons made you love ubuntu. I've recommended ubuntu to all my friends and family. Many of them have switched over to Ubuntu or some other form of Linux system. Have you ever tried using Ubuntu or even thought of switching to this type of operating system? Why would you consider making the switch in the first place? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search